Hi! Sorry for the lapse in blogging, but I just got back from a relaxing four-week sabbatical in Paris.
Okay, that’s a lie.
I’ve just been busy and fell behind on updates. And the longer I waited, the more interesting I felt I needed to be upon my return. But today I decided, screw being interesting! I’m just going to jump back in and post a recipe for chili!
I already have a recipe on here for slow-cooker chili, but tonight I got a hankerin’ for chili* at about 4:47 p.m. So, I had to figure out a way to speed up the process a little. This recipe is totally diet-friendly, by the way, which is important because I’ve spent the past week eating Slutty Brownies after almost every meal. It’s been a bad scene.
Anyway, this chili can be ready, start to finish, in 20 minutes.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle blend
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 10-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 cups beans (I used a mix of black and kidney)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and pepper (I used Papa Joe’s salt as usual)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
In a big sauce pot, cook the ground turkey in some olive oil. Once it’s brown, add all the other stuff and simmer for 15 minutes. That’s it. C’est tout, c’est finit. Wasn’t that easy?
Okay. More updates, more often. I promise.
* Did you know this is the gerund form of the word hanker? I could also say, “I hanker for chili.” I think I’m going to start using that.